Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hello blogging world!!

I have never been very good at keeping a journal. Even while I was on my mission, I didn't keep a record of my thoughts and feelings, or what happened during the day. This blog is an attempt to change my ways. I hope that through this blog, I'll be able to share my/our life with family and friends. I might even get Laura to write a little bit. If I ask very very nicely.

Evelyn is 2 months old now, she'll be 11 weeks tomorrow!! I can't believe how fast it has gone. I can't really remember life without her. I know that I am very blessed to have a healthy daughter. From everything that I have learned in my classes in school, there is a lot that can go wrong in fetal development. It truly is a miracle that everything goes right and that babies are born every day without any problems.

We have a couple of little trips planned in the next week or two. The first will be a quick trip to Idaho for my cousin's wedding. The second is a weekend in southern California to see Laura's Grandma and Grandpa Baxter. They are flying us down there so that they can see Evelyn. These trips should give us a good indicator of how our trip to Mexico is going to go. Evelyn's Uncle Cory comes home from his mission in just over a month and we are going to Cancun in April with Laura's family.

That is what is happening in the Yancey household right now. Keep tuned into the Yancey Family Adventures for more updates and pictures.

-Caleb

2 comments:

  1. Hey Laura and Caleb! Great post! I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of Evelyn, she is such a cute baby! Take care and hopefully I'll see you both soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I am so excited for you to start a blog. It will be so much fun to see what your family is up to and to see pictures of Evelyn. I can't wait to see you guys next weekend. It will be a fun visit!! I hope the roads are good and that Evelyn travels well! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete